The Secrets of an Efficient & Profitable Music School Webinar
You can also watch the webinar here which is in more detail than this blog >>> “Secrets”. This session is for
- private instrumental music & singing studio teachers
- music teachers who are self-employed
- music school owners or managers who want to improve and grow their business
The aim of this webinar is basically improving efficiency & profitability.
Why do we need to do this?
- Clear your head of carrying all the info
- Save time finding info and documents
- To be consistent and reliable
- Avoid repeatedly writing the same emails
- Stop repeating instructions to staff
- Save time, money, your reputation, and your sanity!
Start by Placing the Goal posts!
Know your goals – Step 1
Plan & Prepare – Step 2
Execute / Take action – Step 3
Review and Continue – Step 4
Step 1 – Know your goals
Where are you now on the MSS Ladder?
Alchemy level – multiple businesses
Enterprise level – with a growing team of teachers & staff
Foundation level – just starting to teach or teaching on your own
Where do you want to be on the MSS Ladder?
- Do you want to teach more? or less?
- Do you want to employ teacher(s)?
- Would you like to operate in multiple locations?
- Would you like staff to manage daily tasks?
- What level of income do you want to achieve?
Step 2 – Plan your goals
- Do you want 8 students / classes / hours a day? How many?
- How much income do you want?
- Do you want to employ teachers? or locations?
- What are the steps needed to get to your goals?
- Write a one page business plan which is an overview of where you are now to where you want the school to go. This is where you will write down and solidify your dreams into goals and make a plan of action. Write specifics in $ and add dates and names for the questions asked before.
- Make a daily/weekly color-coded schedule for organization.
- Also make an annual planner such as:
- concert dates, invitation dates, rehearsal dates…
- exam sessions / enrolment dates…
- Holidays, Holiday programs, workshops…
- term or monthly themes
- marketing campaigns, events
- payment dates, date for reminders
- financial reviews, business plan reviews, marketing reviews what’s working or what’s not
- Write a phone/communications log which includes fax and emails as well
- Also have each computer folder for the business functions 1) operations, 2) merchandise, 3) legals, 4) IT, 5) IP, 6) finance, and 7) marketing. You can also use Google drive or iCloud.
- Develop a MANUAL(s) for the business functions to save time from reminding staff what to do and remembering every detail of every task. Get consistent & save time!
- Use technology but be selective!
- Outsource! Know what you are good at, what gives best value for your time and outsource the rest!
Step 3 – Execute / take action
Simply apply all the things you put out in the written plans.
Step 4 – Review and continue
Some of the plans may work and some may not so take time to review before the end of each year or at the beginning of each year as you create new annual plans. You can also review monthly or quarterly as you see fit.
If you need some help, book a FREE 30 minute personal & individual coaching session with Wendy at Calendly. If you want to proceed to a regular scheduled private coaching please visit http://academy.musicschoolsuccess.com.au/